Maybe it was me.
Maybe it was the cheap tomato sauce.
Maybe it was the extra veggies.
But this recipe was my first "bomb" (of all the internet recipes I've done).
It's not that it was bad - it was actually really good. We did eat it. Tomato sauce and frozen ravioli - certainly not rocket science - but after 5 hours in my slow cooker, it came out a one big sticky mess. But here we go:
Inspiration: Slow Cooker Cheesy Ravioli
|We never used the cheese in the picture|
1 Onion, chopped
2 Ribs Celery, chopped
1/2 Green Pepper, chopped
2 Tomatoes, chopped
A few leftover Basil Leaves that needed to be used up
1 Tbsp minced Garlic
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
2 bags frozen Ravioli
1. Spray crock with non-stick spray. (You'll be thankful you did after dinner).
2. Add 1 can tomato sauce, basil and 1 bag of ravioli to the crock in that order.
3. Add remaining veggies, garlic and Italian seasoning, in that order.
4. Add remaining bag of ravioli and top with remaining can of sauce.
5. Cook over low heat for 5 - 6 hours and serve.
It was very thick, and the ravioli stuck to itself in large lumps. Now, we had left the house, and came home starving, and anticipating this recipe. Maybe if I had been home, I could have added boiling water to thin it slightly as it cooked, or even shortening the cook time. It tasted fine, but I think when I re-attempt this - it will be on a day where I'm home to keep an eye on it.